Over time, the idea of cooking rice on fire has evolved, ranging from the old pot on firewood, stove to the use of rice cookers. Recently, several brands have come out with different designs of rice cookers. However, among them, PARS products stand out due to constant development and improvement. The brand is well-known for the production, distribution, and sales of Pars Persian Rice Cookers (4 Cup), Pars Persian Rice Cooker (5 Cup), Pars Persian Rice Cooker (7 Cup), and Pars Persian Rice Cooker (10 Cup). All of these products are designed with high-tech features, which help deliver tastier and easier Persian rice.
However, the brand has decided to go one better by developing the Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker (15 Cup). This product does not only deliver more quantity of cooked rice compared to other products but also comes with some useful and exciting specifications worth checking out. Among such notable features and qualities include the removable Teflon non-stick pot, measuring lines, measuring cup, detachable cord, dual heat indicators, low maintenance, among others. To get more details about the product’s specifications, features, performance, how to use, maintenance and safety precaution, kindly read to the end.
Specifications and Features
Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker (15 cups) is a removable, non-stick Teflon pot that is designed with a water-measurement line. With the line, you can easily determine the liters of water within. Yet, you will find the measuring cup and rice scoop within, which are quite handy for rice measurement and serving, respectively. This product weighs 7.05 pounds. If you are concerned about cleaning, the attached cord is removable, which allows you to clean effortlessly – and remember that the pot can be removed as well. So, you don’t have to worry about maintenance. Additionally, the removable parts allow for easy storage of the product.
This product comes with a 15-cup rice cooker, which enables users to cook 15 cups of rice at a go. Each cup from the cooker is for 1.5 servings. Also, you can cook the rice according to your preferences by using the built-in custom timer. Better still, you can make classic Persian rice with the quick dial-in option. This rice cooker is designed with a smaller footprint that consumes less counter space compared to most similar products.
Automatic Safety Shut OFF
For those who tend to forget their food on fire, the automatic safety shutoff option on the cooker will allow you to cook with peace of mind – once the food is done, the cooker will automatically switch off. Perhaps, it remains a few minutes to the mealtime, and you want to keep the food warm, you can keep the rice toasty by using the keep-warm function on the product.
If you are using the Persian rice cooker for the first time, you will find it quite easy to use, most especially if you take your time to peruse the manual. Also, you will get to learn one or two things from the cookbook, which can help produce a delicious meal. This silver-colored product comes with 110 voltage.
How to Use Pars Persian Rice Cooker
- Use the measuring cup provided to measure the amount of rice that would be enough for you and your family.
- Get the rice into a separate bowl and wash until it becomes clear.
- Add water, olive oil, and other ingredients into the pan according to your personal taste.
- Now, position the pan inside the cooker. Don’t forget to cover with the lid.
- Get the cord and connect to the power supply.
- Turn the timer clockwise to a specific function.
- Once the water begins to boil, pour the washed rice into the pan.
- Now, smoothen the rice surface in the pan with the rice scoop – this will help level the rice.
- Once the temperature in the middle of the pot reaches boiling water, the red light on the control panel will switch off. Instantly, the yellow light on the same panel will come up. At this point, the timer will begin to turn counter-clock wisely. Once the temperature reduces to a pre-set temperature range, then the thermostat will start to work. By now, the yellow light on the panel will switch off, the red will come up again, while the timer will stop working. The cycle will repeat itself until the timer completely restitutes.
- Once the rice is done, endeavor to remove the cord from the power outlet as well as from the cooker. Take off the lid, then remove the pan with a piece of cloth to avoid getting burnt.
- Turn the pan upside-down on a plate, then remove the pan. Now, only the cooked Persian rice will be seen in a molded shape on the plate.
Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker: Pros and Cons
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this Persian rice cooker work with any type of rice?
Absolutely yes! You can cook any type of rice with this rice cooker but it works best with Persian style basmati and jasmine rice.
What cup size should I get?
Honestly, this is up to you. However, keep in mind that with a larger (15 cups), you always have 2 options: you can always cook less rice or you can cook more rice in case you have a few friends or guests over for a visit.
The instructions are really AWFUL! How do I use this rice cooker?
I agree the instructions are a bit confusing. It takes full 60 minutes to cook the rice, 15 minutes are used to boil the water and the remaining 45 minutes are used to cook the rice. Once your water comes to a boil put the rice in as well as remember to add olive oil, butter, salt and Safran for better flavor.
Undoubtedly, the Pars Automatic Persian Rice Cooker will come handy for family use. Considering the quality, versatility and improved features made with the product, it is worth having in the kitchen for the price.